Summary of Terms & Conditions
- Minimum Hire
Minimum hire of Campervans range from 3 to 7 days.
Campsie Campers authorises the use of the vehicle for up to 4 passengers including the Driver(s). Each person must use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the vehicle is in motion.
- Drivers must be between 21 and 75 years old.
- The Driver must have a Valid Full UK driving licence (EU, Australian, Canadian, United States and New Zealand are also valid) with a minimum 24 months licence experience. Or a licence from another country that has been approved by our insurers.
- If you are from another country or under 25yrs, please check with us first regarding amount of security deposit required.
- All drivers must provide a Photo ID licence prior to hire commencement, plus 2 items of residential proof for each Driver (eg 2 Utility bills from separate companies less than 3 months old). If the Driver does not have a Photo Licence ID, a paper licence and a passport is required.
- Details of any additional drivers are required in advance of rental period.
- Maximum of 4 drivers per rental
- All drivers must be present at the start of the rental and warrant that the driver’s details provided are correct at that time.
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (eg parking tickets, speeding fines). The hirer and/or driver are responsible for any associated administration costs which are incurred during the period of hire.
The Insured Vehicle shall NOT be let out on hire to or be driven by:
- Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/ or have had their licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed.
- Persons who had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
- Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
- Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
- Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
- Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full valid United Kingdom or EU licence for two years or more.
The hirer and driver warrant that all the drivers’ details are correct at the time of hire and will be responsible for any costs incurred by Campsie Campers as a result of any false or misleading information supplied in respect of any driver.
Insurance is provided by Campsie Campers through our insurers for the driver(s) named on the rental agreement (provided all the personal information supplied is correct). No other insurance is acceptable for the rental of a Campsie Campers vehicle. The vehicle is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party. Named drivers are subject to the criteria outlined in section 3. Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the vehicle. All vehicle hires must be paid by credit/debit card, in part or full.
Insurance may be excluded in the event of the hirer/driver allowing the vehicle to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner.
- Used in a manner which could cause damage.
- Driven in a prohibited area or in an area indicated by Campsie Campers.
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or with a blood alcohol level more than that permitted by UK law.
- Driven by persons: Under the age of 21 years; or who is not authorised by law to drive the vehicle.
- Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the vehicle are NOT set out in the rental agreement.
- Unauthorised drivers invalidate insurance claims and the hirer/driver is held responsible.
- Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied.
- Immobilised by failure to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition including maintenance or proper levels of oil and water.
- Immobilised due to snow, mud, sand, water, ice, or a flood.
- Damaged by frost unless you have taken all reasonable care to prevent it.
- Contaminated with the incorrect fuel. The cost of which draining or removing will be borne by the hirer/driver.
- Used for racing of any description or being used in any contest, competition, rally or speed trial (apart from treasure hunts).
4.2 Security deposit
A refundable security deposit must be paid prior to collection of the vehicle to cover the Insurance Policy Excess, any charges arising from the condition of the return of the vehicle and administration fees.
Standard Excess Rates:
- A refundable security deposit of £1000 for drivers aged 25 to 75years old.
- A refundable security deposit of £1250 for drivers aged 23 to 24years old.
- A refundable security deposit of £1500 for drivers aged 21 to 22years old.
Security deposits are authorised in GBP Pounds Sterling (£). Campsie Campers are not liable for any change in exchange rate or international banking charges imposed by your own bank which affect the final cost taken from your account.
The security deposit is a pre-authorisation on your credit card on the day of hire and this amount will be blocked from use. The security deposit is fully refundable within 10-14 days of return of the vehicle provided there are no outstanding Insurance Claims; the vehicle is returned to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior and with a FULL tank of fuel; or to fund any uninsured costs incurred as a result of the exclusions detailed in clause 4.1 and the following:
- any loss or damage to living equipment, fixtures, fittings, windows, tyres or damage to the vehicle, unless otherwise covered by CDW.
- £25 administration fee applies in respect of each legal penalty received by Campsie Campers.
- £75 max. cleaning fees if the vehicle is not returned with a clean interior.
- £20 charge if the toilet is not emptied.
- £50 charge if an unauthorised pet has been carried.
- £100 charge if it is found that smoking has taken place in the vehicle.
- £25 administration fee will be applied in addition to any costs arising from NOT returning the vehicle with a FULL tank of fuel.
- £25 administration fee will be applied in addition to any costs arising from removing or draining contaminated fuel.
In the event of an insurance claim, regardless of fault, the security deposit will be retained until the claim has been settled by our insurers. Please note, this can be a lengthy process and Campsie Campers cannot be held liable for any delay in processing the claim.
Campsie Campers offer optional Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) cover that reduces your security deposit and Insurance Policy Excess. Refer to our website for more information https://campsiecampers.co.uk/insurance/ CDW applies to the first insurance claim only. A second refundable security deposit will be charged at the Standard Excess Rates to continue the rental.
4.3. Responsibility when accident/breakdown occurs
In the event of any accident, breakdown, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, the hirer/driver will:
- notify Campsie Campers within 24hrs of the happening of the event, obtain the names and addresses of third parties, any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station obtaining a case report reference number;
- Complete and return to Campsie Campers a European accident report form as supplied, if applicable;
- Not admit liability or negotiate a settlement without written permission of Campsie Campers;
- Assist Campsie Campers in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information to the appropriate authorities.
The hirer acknowledges that the excess or other amount due in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event as above and not at the completion of the rental period.
The hirer shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including checks on oil, water and batteries.
Campsie Campersare responsible for providing a fully-maintained vehicle, as outlined in the booking details at the start of hire.
- Campervan Hire Rates quoted include:
24hrs Roadside Asisst
UK Standard Insurance
UK Standard Equipment & Breakdown
A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Campsie Campers and a deposit of 25% of the Total Rental Fee has been received. Once the reservation is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent to the hirer. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy will apply from this point onwards. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due and payable at least one month (30 days) prior to Booking Rental Start date. At the discretion of Campsie Campers, failure to pay this remaining balance within 28 days may be treated as a cancellation as per clause 8.
A refundable security deposit(see clause 4.2) as agreed, is required before the rental period starts to cover Insurance Excess and any additional charges.
National Airport/Train Station transfer service to our Fintry depot (up to 4 people) is available. Refer to our website for details https://campsiecampers.co.uk/transfers-transport/
Additional equipment such as portable toilet, child car seats, BBQ, bicycles and bike racks can be provided for a fee. https://campsiecampers.co.uk/extras/
- Hirer Cancellation Charges
Cancellation by the hirer more than 8 weeks before rental start date: A £20 administration fee will be applied and booking deposit returned to the hirer.
Cancellation by the hirer 8 weeks or less before rental start date: Booking deposit will be retained and balance returned to the hirer.
Cancellation by the hirer 2 weeks or less before rental start date: 100% of the total rental fee will be charged.
Campsie Campers cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another.
Campsie Campers reserves the right to amend our cancellation policy for events outwith our control.
- Rental and other charges
The hirer will pay Campsie Campers:
- all rental charges
- the agreed security deposit
- the nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of the rental agreement prior to acceptance of delivery of the vehicle
- the cost of any damage to the vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the insurance cover applying to the hire
- all government tolls, fees and duties etc
- any other fees or charges payable as per the rental agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Campsie Campers a result of any breach by the hirer/driver of the terms of the rental agreement
- the cost to recover a vehicle, subject to insurance cover
- Any reasonable administration fees and costs incurred by Campsie Campers over and above the said rental charges, security deposit and cancellation fees
- Payment of charges joint and several liability
All charges and expenses payable by the hirer under this agreement are due on demand by Campsie Campers. If the hirer does not pay all charges when due, the hirer agrees to pay a late charge of 1.5% per month, over bank base rate, on the outstanding balance and any collection costs incurred by Campsie Campers, together with any reasonable legal fees incurred. When the hirer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the hirer pursuant to this agreement.
- Campervan Collection and return
Collection is 2pm or after on the day of hire. Please allow up to 1 hour for the hand-over of the Campervan, to complete documentation and to demonstrate our vehicle to you.
Return is 11am or before on the last day of hire. Please allow up to half an hour on the return of your vehicle to enable the hand over and checking of the condition of the vehicle.
The vehicle must be returned with a FULL tank of fuel and returned in the same condition that it was rented to the hirer. The vehicle must be returned on the date stated on the rental agreement and before the stated return time.
In the event of delay in returning the vehicle on time and to ensure adequate Insurance Cover is in force in the event of such a delay, the hirer must advise Campsie Campers immediately. Failure to do so invalidates insurance cover and may result in the hirer being responsible for all costs incurred for the vehicle after the agreed time of return. It is a criminal offence to drive without insurance in the UK and is punishable by law.
At the discretion of Campsie Campers any additional costs incurred as a result of any such delay may be charged against the hirer.
- Title to vehicle
The hirer/driver acknowledge that Campsie Campers retains title to the vehicle and that the hirer/driver possesses the goods as a mere hirer only. The hirer/driver does not have any right to pledge Campsie Campers credit in connection with the vehicle and agree not to do so. The hirer/driver shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the vehicle.
- Alterations to the vehicle
The hirer/driver shall not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle without the prior written consent of Campsie Campers.
- Release and indemnity of Campsie Campers
Subject to its obligation to deliver the vehicle, the hirer releases Campsie Campers, its employees and agents, from any liability (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by the hirer by reason of the rental agreement, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the vehicle being unsuitable for the hirers purpose
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Campsie Campers premises or recovered or handled by Campsie Campers.
Instances beyond Campsie Campers control that mean they cannot release the vehicle to the hirer due to a prior accident or fault with the vehicle. In this instance, Campsie Campers will endeavour to find a replacement vehicle or give a full refund of the price of hire to the hirer.
- Road restrictions
All vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads.
The hirer acknowledges that Campsie Campers reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
The hirer will not allow any animals to be carried in the vehicle without the prior consent of Campsie Campers.
- Terminating the agreement
The hirer acknowledges that Campsie Campers may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to the hirer, and that the hirer will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if:
- The hirer is in breach of any term of the rental agreement;
- The hirer has obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned;
- The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Campsie Campers reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date;
- Campsie Campers considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the vehicle is endangered.
The hirer understands that in the event of such termination or repossession, the hirer has no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the security deposit
Any changes to the rental agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Campsie Campers and by the hirer.
- Proper law
The rental agreement shall be governed by the law of Scotland where the rental agreement was signed and subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts subject to any statutory restriction thereto.
The hirer warrants that all information supplied by the hirer to Campsie Campers in connection with the rental agreement is true.
- Entire agreement
The rental agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of the rental agreement. Campsie Campers reserves the right to add or amend any advertised rental charges without prior notice.
By payment of the 25% booking deposit the hirer/driver confirms the hirer/driver has read and accepted the full terms and conditions provided at the time of booking.