Starting at your Campsie Campers base of Fintry to West Coast, North, Islands, Cairngorms and East coast.
- Fintry Sports Centre offers clean shower facilities for a small fee. They also offer overnight parking, have an excellent restaurant, café and bar on site offering a range of delights.
- McLaren Leisure Centre has shower facilities for a small fee.
- Overnight parking, toilets, showers and wi-fi access from £10pn. May offer shower access only for a small fee.
- Duncan Mills Memorial Slipway has toilets, showers and changing rooms for a fee. Open 0830-2000.
West Coast (South to North)
- North Pier Building has toilets, showers and changing rooms. Open 0800 -1800. Fee from £1.
- Train station: open 0700-2000 Mon-Fri. Reduced hours on weekends. £3.50 fee.
- Lochaber Leisure centre: May offer shower facilities for a reduced fee.
- Kilchoan Visitor Shower and Toilet block located by the Post Office and Ferry Stores.
- Glenuig village hall has toilet and shower facilities available to the public year-round.
- Arisaig Marine Harbour office has toilets and showers for public use.
- Mallaig Marina Centre has toilet, shower and laundry facilities.
- Mallaig Public Toilets has showers and towels for a small fee.
Road to Applecross
- Sheildaig has a shower block positioned before the campsite. Due to re-open in 2019.
- Torridon has public toilets and showers for use. Hot water only if you’re lucky.
- Poolewe Community Hall has clean toilets with shower cubicles for a small fee.
- Public toilets and shower block near the ferry terminal.
- Lochbroom Leisure centre has shower facilities for a reduced fee.
- Coigach Community Hall has shower facilities. Open from 1600 peak-season. A donation is welcomed for use of facilties. There is a noticeboard with numbers to call if you can’t access them.
- Assynt Leisure Centre on the pier has showers for a small fee.
- The Harbour Office has showers that can be available to the public for a small fee. Though priority is given to maritime clients.
Islands (South - North)
- There are 2 campsites which may let you use their hot showers for a small fee.
- The Jura Hotel: Offers showers for £1 to non-residents. A refundable entrance deposit of £5 is also required.
- Tobermory: The Visitor Centre has toilets, showers and laundry for a small fee.
- Craignure: Craignure Bunkhouse has hot showers that can be used by non-residents in summer between 1630-1930, £3 for 20mins.
- The pier has toilets and showers for an honesty box fee. Please be honest and respect the community.
- Kinloch Village Campsite offers 2 hot showers for non-residents for £1.50 for 5 mins. Honesty box. Please be honest and help the community.
- Glenelg and Arnisdale Community Hall: Toilets and showers inside the hall are open Apr – Oct, 0800 – 2000. Small fee for use (£1-£2)
- Kyle of Lochalsh: Public toilets, showers and laundrette. Coin operated. 20p entrance £1 for 5mins hot showers. Open 0800-2100 peak-season.
- Ardvasar Boat Yard has showers at the workshop open 24hrs May – Sep.
- Carbost: Facilities include Hot Water Showers. Opposite Talisker Distillery. Open 24hrs. Unmanned and free off-season, possibly a community attendant and small fee peak-season.
- Portree: The Fingal Centre swimming pool may let you use the showers for a reduced fee.
- Castlebay: The Ferry Terminal has toilets and shower facilities.
- Castlebay: The Sports Centre also has shower facilities for public use. Restricted times as it’s part of the community school.
- The Ferry Terminal has toilets and shower facilities.
- Lochboisdale Harbour has public toilets and showers. Though you might need a boat to get to it!
- Liniclate Sports Centre has showers for public use.
- Lochmaddy Ferry Terminal has public toilets and coin-operated showers for general use.
- The Ferry Terminal has toilets and shower facilities.
- The Fishing Harbour has toilets and coin-operated showers. Open 0800-2100.
- The Youth Hostel offers day visitors use of hot showers from £1.
- Leverburgh Ferry Terminal has toilets and shower facilities.
- Tarbert: Harris Sports centre has shower facilities for public use. Restricted as part of the school.
- Tarbert Pier Marina Habour Office has toilets, 3 x showers (currently free) and coin- operated laundry facilities.
- Scalpay Community Centre has toilets and showers with a suggested donation of £1.
- Huisinis Gateway has coin-operated showers. Open 24hrs.
- Uig: Ardroil Sands has a purpose built, coin-oprated facilities block with toilets, showers and laundry.
- Bernera Community Hall has a small gym and shower facilities for general use.
- Stornaway: Perceval Square has public toilets with shower facilities.
- Stornaway: Lewis Sports Centre has showers for public use.
- Stornaway: Bridge Centre Fitness & Leisure has showers and laundry facilities.
- Ness: Sporsnis Fitness & Leisure centre has shower facilities for general use. Restricted as part of the school.
Cairngorms National Park (North to South)
- Glenmore Lodge offers shower and changing facilities, including towel for £3.
- Pine Marten Bar offer a range of facilities including snow sports equipment hire. They have shower facilities and may allow their use for a small fee.
- Aviemore public toilets, on Grampian road, also have shower facilities for a small fee. Manned in peak-season and towels available for an extra fee. Though rumour has it the council plan on closing these due to cuts.
- Public toilets and shower block available for a small fee. Attendant on duty peak season.
- Service Station, south of Pitlochry has shower facilities free of charge. Open 0700-2100.
East Coast (North to South)
- Stonehaven Leisure Centre have shower facilities for £2.60.
- Stonehaven Open Air (Heated), sea-water, Swimming pool offers tickets for £5.60 for the whole day. £3.45 after 5pm. Kids inflatables in summer.
- Train station: Toilets and shower facilities available on the concourse. Radar key operated.
- The Harbour has public toilets and showers for an admission fee of 30p. Showers may have an additional fee. Open 0800 – 2130. Reduced hours in winter.
- Waverley Train Station has Public Toilets with Showers for £5pp.
If you have any additions or changes to make, please leave a comment.
Please also comment to show your appreciation and encourage Scotland’s Government to collaborate with Urban and Rural planners to improve or maintain the infrastructure for tourists (local and overseas) so we can remain a wild and bonnie land.